Graham Wins Family Research Council’s ‘True Blue’ Award for Consistent Support of Family
The award honors member of the House and Senate who have exhibited extraordinary leadership and commitment to the defense of family, faith, and freedom. The scorecard covers Senate votes during the two-year 110th Congress. Recipients of the award voted consistently for pro-life and pro-family issues.
The votes included efforts to:
• Defend grassroots organizations rights to influence public policy
• Provide health care for unborn children
• Confirm Judge Leslie Southwick to the U.S. Court of Appeals
• Oppose Embryonic Stem Cell Research
• Oppose Funding for International Coercive Abortion and Sterilization Programs
• Oppose Federal Thought Crimes Bill
• Prevent Abortion Funding in Indian Health Services
“The Members of the 110th Congress who received this award have been consistent, stalwart allies of American families,” said FRC Action President Tony Perkins. “These Members are to be commended for supporting public policy that values human life, protects our religious liberties, and upholds the institutions of marriage and the family.”
“I applaud these Members for defending pro-family and pro-life policies that have been under attack this past year,” said Perkins. “Values voters should be encouraged by these Members who have shown a commitment to protecting and strengthening the family.”
To order a copy of the Vote Scorecard, visit FRC Action’s website at http://www.frcaction.org.