Future of SC GOP and Poll Results on Friday. “Big Picture on Radio”
For Immediate Release
May 21, 2009
Columbia, SC…On Friday, May 22 at 1 p.m., ETV’s “The Big Picture on the Radio,” discusses the latest Winthrop/ETV Poll and the future of Republican politics in the state.
Guests on this week’s program include:
* Andrew Romano, associate editor and political blogger for Newsweek Magazine, whose article in the May 4 edition was titled, “Last of the True Believers? By risking his popularity now, Mark Sanford may be quite popular in 2012”
* Dr. Scott Huffmon, director of the Winthrop/ETV Poll initiative
* Dr. Adolphus Belk, director of African American Studies at Winthrop University and co-author of the Winthrop/ETV Poll
* Katon Dawson, former SC GOP chairman who shares insight about the future of the Republican Party and its direction
* Brad Warthen, former editorial page editor for The State, who weighs in on the emergence of Sanford followers, Karen Floyd and her affiliation with the SC GOP, and Nikki Haley’s recent gubernatorial bid
The latest Winthrop/ETV Poll, released Thursday, surveyed 955 registered voters across 11 southern states: AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN, TX, and VA. Topics ranged from national security to African Americans’ will to succeed to the speculative prediction of who the 2012 Republican presidential pick might be. See an embargoed version of the full press release here.
The Big Picture on the Radio can be heard Fridays at 1 p.m. on ETV Radio’s five NPR news formats: 88.1-WRJA Sumter, 88.9-WNSC Rock Hill, 89.1-WLJK Aiken, 89.9- WJWJ Beaufort, and 90.1-WHMC Conway. The program can also be streamed from http://www.myetv.org.
ETV is South Carolina’s statewide network with 11 television stations, eight radio stations and a closed-circuit educational telecommunications system in more than 2000 schools, colleges, businesses, and government agencies.
For more information, contact Rob Schaller at 803-737-6556, or firstname.lastname@example.org.